Myndex™ Web Development
Experimental Site Notice
This is not a production site. Some pages may have unusual formatting or colors as part of a series of live experiments in visual perception of self illuminated displays. If you have any problems reading any pages, or if you find any are particularly easy to read, we'd love to hear about it. Please discuss at the SAPC/APCA GitHub repo discussions tab
- We are currently researching accessibility technologies and toward the goals of readability of web based content and a better more accessible user experience for all.
- Advanced Contrast Prediction (SAPC/ACPA) See our beta release of the SAPC testing tool for evaluating color pairs and font weight, part of useful emerging standards in web content accessibility.
- Color Vision Deficiency (CVD) testing tool for examining designs under CVD conditions, part of useful emerging standards in web content accessibility.
- We have several upcoming studies under development — stay tuned here for future announcements. Some of the current experimental results and pre-prints are viewable here.
Articles and Help Files
- MORE Gradients in Space! A much deeper and detailed look at colorspaces and their effect on mixing colors.
- (PDF) Evaluating Fonts for Accessibility This PDF report evaluates dozens of fonts, considering accessibility, readability, and what to look for in choosing a font.
- Gradients in Space Colorspace that is — several examples of how gradients differ depending on the color space they are calculated in.
- Luminance Contrast A discussion and code examples for determining Luminance, and various methods of determining luminance contrast. (Written prior to our invention of SAPC/ACPA)
- Redirects for SEO The importance of redirects in search engine rankings. While more targeted at server administration than design, this article contains very useful advice on URL consistency for best search engine results.
- Web Hosting, Web Design, and Web App Development.
- Industrial Design, CAD, FEA, and Systems Engineering.
- Database & App Design, Development, and Deployment.
- State of the Art Contrast Prediction Tool.
- Bridge-PCA for WCAG 2.x Backwards Compatible Contrast
- Clinically Accurate Color Impairment Simulator.